Heath Village Barn
Heath and Reach Community Hall, known to local residents as ‘The Barn’ is a registered charity. In 1937, Mrs Fanny Hickman donated the building and its outside area to the residents of Heath and Reach. The building was once part of a working farm, now 13 & 15 Leighton Road. It is over 150 years old and was used as an agricultural store for farm equipment.
There was a large Cow Byre attached to the rear of the building, between the current hall and stables. Unfortunately, it was in unsafe and beyond economic repair and has now been removed.
A volunteer committee manages the finances and day-to-day running of The Barn.
At The Barn, we provide
- Baby changing facilities, potties and step-stools.
- Effective heating throughout the premises.
- Off-road parking, more limited on-site car parking spaces.
- Reasonable hire rates at £10 per hour – discounted for regular hirers.
- Newly refitted kitchen with an oven, dishwasher, microwave, cooking equipment, crockery and cutlery.
- Tea and Coffee making facilities: kettle urn, mugs, cups and saucers.
- Secure fenced outside play-area with some outside furniture.
- Tables and chairs with multiple set-up options for up to 50 people.
- Buffet and refreshments ordered through local Pub/Restaurant.
For more information, please feel free to discuss your requirements with our Reservations Manager. Check out our Events Calendar to see the available dates and times.
We accommodate all types of use
Here are just some of the recent events held at Heath Village Barn
- Baby Shower
- Business meeting
- Business workshop
- Charity Events
- Children’s parties
- Craft and Art exhibitions
- Family get-togethers
- Regular exercise classes
- Retirement party
- Small group functions
Ideal for local business meetings
If you are looking for a place to hold a business meeting, whether it is a one-off or on a regular basis, then ‘The Barn’ could be the place for you…
The Barn is suitable to hold interviews, appraisals and team meetings.
|HRPC Finance Committee|
|The Barn Fund Raising|