Heath Village Barn – Cookies policy
2.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal https://seqlegal.com.
3. About cookies
3.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
3.2 Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
3.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
4. Cookies that we use
5. Cookies used by our service providers
5.4 We use StatCounter, an online service which helps us to understand our visitors; for example, how visitors find our website, how long they spend on our site, which web pages they are most interested in etc. We use Statcounter because better understanding of how visitors are interacting with our website helps us to improve the content, design and functionality of our site. This allows us to offer a better online experience to our visitors.
- Time and date of visit (this can help us to identify and plan for busy periods on our website)
- The IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet); We only collect a partial IP address.
- Browser and Operating System (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access our site)
- Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly on the devices used to access our site)
- Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help us to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find our website)
Furthermore, when you visit our website a StatCounter cookie (called “is_unique”) may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
You can learn more about cookies from StatCounter and set your browser to refuse same by clicking here.
6. Applications and Widgets for Social Media
7. Managing cookies
7.1 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can, however, obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
7.2 Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
7.3 If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
8. Our details
8.1 This website is owned and operated by Heath and Reach Village Barn.
8.2 We are a registered charity in England and Wales under registration number 300037
8.3 Our principal place of business is at Heath Village Barn, Eastern Way, Heath and Reach, Bedfordshire, LU7 0AA
8.4 You can contact us:
(a) by post, to the postal address given above;
(b) using our website contact form;
(c) by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.
Last updated: 30th October 2018