Hall Hire during COVID-19 – UPDATED 1.11.2020
In accordance with Government guidelines The Barn will remain closed until further notice.
It is critical that everybody observes the following key behaviours:
- HANDS – Wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds.
- FACE – a face covering must be worn on entry and exit and when moving around the premises by all those aged 11 or over unless a health exemption applies, including by people popping in e.g. to collect or watch children at an activity.
The situations in which a face covering can be removed include:
∼ To eat and drink as long as seated to do so
∼ Where it will interfere with exercise or other activity
∼ Where someone will not be able to hear clearly (e.g. needs to lip read/see facial expression), or
∼ Where other Guidance applies e.g. Performance, Grassroots sport, Out of School Settings where children are not recommended to wear them, or for a workplace, e.g. a cleaner working on their own, a parish clerk in their office, a receptionist or volunteer behind a perspex screen.
- SPACE – Stay 2 metres apart where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place.
When visiting the hall, please scan in the QR code using the NHS Covid-19 app
A face covering is mandatory unless exempt
Please read the guidelines, risk assessments and documents relating to Covid-19 below.
Party/ private bookings: At present the Hall is closed for this type of booking. We are happy to take bookings on a provisional basis with no deposit. If government guidelines on community facilities change, we can allow these to go ahead.
Low Impact Classes: The maximum amount of people with 2 metre social distancing with face masks/covering for the hall is 8 standing plus instructor on the stage or 6 for floor mat classes plus instructor on the stage.
If anyone who has entered the Hall develops COVID-19 symptoms, it will be closed for 72 hours to deep clean and sanitise.
Below are links to documents to show how Heath Village Barn’s Committee aims to keep it’s hirers safe:
- Risk Assessment
- HM Gov guidelines for Halls reopening
- Secure Guidance poster
- ONE-WAY floor layout diagram
- COVID-19 special conditions of hire
- Hirer cleaning checklist
- ACRE Hirer risk assessment
- COVID-19 Treatment plan
- First Aid supplement list
Each of these links will open in a new window.
My phone is too old for QR codes, what should I do?
If you are not the owner of a smartphone with the NHS Covid-19 app, please ensure the organiser of your activity or group has taken your details for their NHS Test & Trace Register.
This is a legal requirement and your details only need be held for the recommended period of 21 days.
How will you know if an attendee tests positive for Covid-19?
All attendees and visitors have a duty to report their condition immediately to the hirer/organiser who in turn MUST advise our Booking Secretary without delay.
Special conditions SC9 & 14 apply.
HM Government Updates
UPDATE 14 Sept 2020 – People can no longer socialise in groups of more than 6
- Any gathering of more than six people in England is illegal unless it meets one of a limited list of exemptions
- This applies to gatherings both indoors and outdoors
- The new rule does not apply to households or bubbles of more than six, or gatherings for work or education
- Weddings, funerals, and organised team sports carried out in a Covid-secure way are also exempt/li>
For more Guidance
24th September 2020 – Test and trace app and QR codes set up
12th October 2020
Local COVID Alert levels set